Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 485 Questions/ SSN / change of address

Hi,
    I am ready to file my AOS papers, my concern is that I might be moving from Colorado to Philadelphia and I don't know what is the process to follow. Do they forward my papers to the Philadelphia office? How long would this take?
    In the case that I move within the next 2 weeks I would like to file the papers directly at the Philadelphia Office, however I have already had done my medical examination here in Denver, would that affect my application if I file in in Pjiladelphia??

My other question is regarding SSN. I went to the local office with a copy of my I 94 form and my marriage certificate and they said they can't issue a SSN because I don't have the original I 94 form ( which I sent to INS in Nebraska to extend my vistors status , that was in october 2002 and so far I haven't gotten any notice from INS ) The only need i have for my SSN is that my husband needs to file his taxes very soon and he needs my ssn to do so. I don't really need to work right now because i am expecting a baby. Is there another way to get the SSn or at least any other suggestion. I know that there is a ITIN number for people who don't apply for SSN, if I get that can i be able to get a SSN later on ?
    I really appreciate all the information you have given me, without these sites people like me could get really super crazy.

Thanks!!!

I 485 Questions/ SSN / change of address

"I am ready to file my AOS papers, my concern is that I might be moving from Colorado to Philadelphia and I don't know what is the process to follow. Do they forward my papers to the Philadelphia office? How long would this take? "

They would forward your file - not sure how much this would delay your application although it wouldn't surprise me if this would have some effect.

"In the case that I move within the next 2 weeks I would like to file the papers directly at the Philadelphia Office, however I have already had done my medical examination here in Denver, would that affect my application if I file in in Pjiladelphia"

You can file in Philadelphia although I do believe that you would need a new medical carried out by a BCIS physician in their jurisdiction.

"My other question is regarding SSN. I went to the local office with a copy of my I 94 form and my marriage certificate and they said they can't issue a SSN because I don't have the original I 94 form ( which I sent to INS in Nebraska to extend my vistors status , that was in october 2002 and so far I haven't gotten any notice from INS ) The only need i have for my SSN is that my husband needs to file his taxes very soon and he needs my ssn to do so. I don't really need to work right now because i am expecting a baby. Is there another way to get the SSn or at least any other suggestion. I know that there is a ITIN number for people who don't apply for SSN, if I get that can i be able to get a SSN later on ?"

You can file a W-7 form at your local IRS office to request an ITIN by applying in person and presenting the required documents or by mail either sending the originals (which I wouldn't) certified or notarized copies.
    To apply by mail you send the form and documents to :-

Internal Revenue Service
    Philadelphia Service
    ITIN Unit
    P.O. Box 447
    Besalem, PA 19020

You can obtain a W-7 at :-

www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw7.pdf

You will need acrobat reader to view this form.

Comment

Reg SSN

i am an Indian my husband is here in south dakota state-US on H1 visa. i am having h4 visa now the problem is we have to apply for tax returns can anyone suggest me what isthe procedure i dont have itin number i am having a son what is his requirement to get an SSn if we are eligible or ITIn? are we eligible for SSN if so how to apply , or if not is it ok if we submit W-7 form for me and my son along with his tax return form W2. please give me reply tanks a lot

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X