View Full Version : f2b visa - petition for unmarried children

08-14-2002, 09:02 PM
my mother petitioned to have her unmarried children in china brought over to the USA through f2b visa in 1998. everything has been approved and they are now waiting on the waiting list. she went back to china this year and suffered a stroke. does the petitioner need to be alive when the visas are approved? if so what do i need to do to correct the situation? and about how long will it take for them to get their visas?

11-02-2002, 01:00 PM
If the petitioner is no longer alive, the petition is considered to be terminated. You would have to show extreme hardhip etc to reinstate the petition

You definetely need an attorney. Please contact one.

PS I am not an attorney