Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-485: Interview/Change Of Address (out-of-jurisdication)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485: Interview/Change Of Address (out-of-jurisdication)

I am a US citizen and I filed I-485 for my wife (based on marriage) after our marriage in US. During filing, we were living in CT, so I filed the application at CT (Hartford) local INS office as required.

But we have moved to Massachusetts during the process, (but we didn't notify the CT INS office), recently we have received the interview appointment and we appeared in CT INS office for interview. But they found out that change of address (moving out of state) resulted in an out-of-jurisdiction situation. As a result, our application has to be transferred to Massachusetts local INS office in Boston (for rescheduling). My questions are:

1. Is this transfer will result in re-processing (start all over again from the beginning) of our I485 application? (Obviously, in Mass, it will take up to 18 months to process I485 - If the answer is YES, that's going to cost us extra longer waiting time - obviously it is devastating).
    OR
    It would rather be continued at where it has left in CT local office? (At the final stage of the processing - interview) In other words, we will be only waiting on the time for rescheduling interview ...

3. How long does it take to reschedule an interview in Boston for I-485 applicant?

4. During the wait time, will we receive any notifications from both INS offices? Letters such as "your application has been transferred to Boston INS for further process" ?? or "your application transfer has been received at our office from Hartford CT local INS office" ???

5. What should we do? Should we write to the Boston INS office for any status inquiry? Should we write to the Boston INS office to confirm our mailing address (just for caution)?

We were devastated about what happened during the interview, it caused us lots of frustration. Please help us by answering all of these questions and provide us with any other helpful information on this matter. We both appreciate what you will do for us .. Thanks very very much.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X