Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A US Citizen Child petition for her parents.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A US Citizen Child petition for her parents.....

does INS allow a minor child on the same petition?

In other words, I filed for my parents and my brother. My brother is a minor - Can he come with my parents? I may have to withdraw his application for this to happen but before I do that I need to know for sure if he can come with my parents. Please let me know, any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Yes, your brother under Age 21 can immigrate alongiwith your mother.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response. I am very glad to find out that my brother under age 21 can come with my parents.

However, I did file a separate petition for my brother and my parents as per INS requirement of filing separate for each of your immediate relative. I have received approval letters from INS for my parents petition but not for my brother. This is what I am worried about.

Per your response, he can come with my parents, in this case, do I need to withdraw his petition? Please let me know. Thanks for your help! - Rupali

Comment

He is okay.

He is okay. When your mother's petition becomes current, Nation Visa Center will send you packet 3 in which there are couple of forms (OF230 etc) where your mother will have put names of any minor child who will be travelling.

Do not waste time... you will be surprise to see how long it will take for your younger brother who will turn 21.

hope it helps.

Comment

Trying to bring brother

Rupali or Bob Buns

I was curious whether your brother came or not, and how long it takes your parents to come here.

Also what are the rules if we go and file the visa paperwork from India do we need to stay there a specific amount of time. I am curious because i am in the same situation as you are.

Please reply back as soon as you can and any help will be appreciated.

Nehal

Comment

Quick Question

Hi,

Could somebody plz tell me that brother/sister should be under 21 at the time of applying petition for parents or at the time when parents receive package 3 after clearing the case???
            THANKS!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X