I-130 and B1 visa and other issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 and B1 visa and other issues

I am a US citizen and interested in applying for green card for my parents.
    They are coming to USA in May 2001 on B1. They were in USA on B1 visa in 1993. They have to
    apply for the B1 visa in 2-3 weeks from now. I am also thinking of filing
    I-130 for them while they are going to be here. They are not planning on staying here
    for very long. So my questions are:

Since the I-130 process takes so long, can I file the I-130 now by saying that hey are here already and
    ammend I-130 later for the (arrival information located in I-130)?

Is it a good idea to apply for I-130 and other documents after they come here? Or
    should I ask them to do so while they are in India?

While applying for B1 visa in India, should we even mention that they are interested in filing for I-130?
    Thanks very much

I-130 and B1 VISA

I am not so sure if you can get a B1 visa for your parents knowing you are a Citizen. There are instances where they reject every visa other than immigrant visa petition. INS or the Consulate does not like it, they might suspect intentions to stay in the US. Especially, like you suggested, if you told them at the consulate that your parents would apply for 130 once they are here, they might reject B1 right away. My suggestion is just go through the front door, no back doors if it could be done. If something goes wrong, they could not get a visa at all. Please be careful.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X