Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greencard

i have the following doubt:

i got married to a US citizen. i am not a fully qualified gruaduate also. the application for greencard was filed in india in october 2001. i have appeared for interview at indian office. i came there to USA and was there for three months. my greencard has not yet come. i am not happy with my wife and it looks like that she may part away with me and say goodbye. offcially nothing has happened so far.

my doubt is
    1. if the greencard received by me, even if she divorces me, can i still continue to enjoy the status of greeencard
    2. the greencard application is in process, if she gives a notice will it stop the process of greencard

i have come back to india.

regds

nagarajan

greencard

If you are married for less than two years, then your greencard is valid for two years only beginning from the day of entry into the USA. Just before the two year period is over you and your spouse must petition for a permanent greencard for you. If you are not together at that time, you will automatically lose your greencard and will be deported. All this does not matter if you were married for more than two years.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X