Family Based Immigration Experience??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Based Immigration Experience??

Hi, does anybody have Family based immigration interview experiences> Could you please post it here please. Thank you

Immediate relative experience: Tax return not must

Hi,
    I finished the consular interview to day. I was apalled at the ignorance of the consular staff. Coupled with arrogance that we do so many cases every day and hence we know better than you does not help matters either.
    At the interview I was first told that I can't get the visa as my son is NOT employed and has no tax return for 3 years. I have used the immigrant's assets to meet the 125% poverty guideline. But the person at the counter says I have to get a US citizen/permanent resident as an additional sponsor.
    Law clearly says that income could be used to meet the poverty guideline or you could use the assets of the sponsor + that of the immigrant. Law does not stipulate the %age of each. It does not mandate 50-50. If 80-20 is alright, so is 20-80 alright, so is 10-90 and so is 0-100. It took me lot of effort explaining this to the person at the counter. Fortunately, the lady consul listened to me at the interview and realised the sense in my argument. Since upto $100000 can be converted from INR to $ on emigration with just declaration and any amount to meet the foreign government requirement can be converted on application, I insisted that that law supports my case. After some tough convincing, finally, the consul said that she is clearing my case for the issue of IV.
    Lesson learned: Better be prepared to convince with legal points and better be prepared to over come stone walling by the statement: we know better because we do this day after day.

Comment

Family based immigration experiences can be found at http://www.immihelp.com/experience/r....do?category=8
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X