Immigrant visa processing in Delhi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigrant visa processing in Delhi

If a US citizen living in US marries an Indian citizen living in India, about how long does it take for the Indian citizen to get the immigrant visa processed in New Delhi, India? Any suggestions on shortening the interval (coming to the US on a tourist/business visa first and then applying here? Or someone told me there is a Fiancee visa.. is that faster), and any other ideas/personal experiences would be appreciated.

I was in India and thought about getting my spouse's GC done in Delhi. I was told at that time that it takes about 6-8 mos. in Delhi before they issue the GC and for my spouse to get into US. They said it takes about the same amount of time in the US. I made the mistake of coming to the US and filing the papers, as it seems it takes way too longer here. Before you file the I-130 ask a lawyer in India how much time it really takes in Delhi and find out other details too.
    It is true that there is something called a fiancee visa and the details are available at this web site.
    Good Luck!

Comment

Thank you for your posting.

Please contact me at [email protected]. I would like to ask you a few more questions as your experience will be really helpful to me. How do I convince them in Delhi to take the application?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X