H1B guy marrying US Citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B guy marrying US Citizen

I am an indian citizen working in USA with a valid H1B visa (for the past 4 years). I am planning to marry a girl who is US Citizen but living in India. Her parents and my parents are all living in India. I plan to go to india and marry her in India and then bring her to USA and start living here. Is it legally allowed to come back to USA and continue to work with H1B visa after marrying a US citizen abroad ? Getting a green card is not my priority. Continuing to work with the same employer without a break is more important to me at this point. What are my chances or ways to keep continuing my job in USA after this marriage. (If it matters I want to mention one more thing, just a couple of months back my current employer has filed papers to get Green card-based on employment-for me) Please advice. Thanks in advance.

1. You can continue to work on your H1 visa.

2. You can get your green card processed through your employer or through your wife (through wife is much faster) in parallel.

Complete details of family based green card at https://www.immihelp.com/family-based-greencard/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X