illegal alien marrying a US citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illegal alien marrying a US citizen

can an illegal alien who will marry a US citizen be at any risk of deportation prior to the wedding should she be discovered as such when she submits some of her papers and documents for the wedding requirements?

what is the best way for her to marry the US citizen?

um - do it properly? Tell her to go home and have the US Citizen Fiance file for a K1 visa for her. I have no sympathy for those that get busted for breaking the rules. That is what the K1 was DESIGNED for.

Comment

bad idea

very bad idea stuart, you should not give such advise without the law to back you up. If she is illegal and leaves the United States she will be subject to either a 3 or 10 year bar of reentry. In other words she is not eligible for a k-1 fiance visa. There are however other options she may have.

Comment

alien and marriage to us citizen

Originally posted by Legalaid
        very bad idea stuart, you should not give such advise without the law to back you up. If she is illegal and leaves the United States she will be subject to either a 3 or 10 year bar of reentry. In other words she is not eligible for a k-1 fiance visa. There are however other options she may have.

What do you recommend for starters?

Comment

asuncionmd

Please specify, for what govt requirement are you required to submit your
          papers before the wedding?

Originally posted by asuncionmd
          can an illegal alien who will marry a US citizen be at any risk of deportation prior to the wedding should she be discovered as such when she submits some of her papers and documents for the wedding requirements?

Comment

how do i marry her

Originally posted by asuncionmd

how do i marry an illegal alien?

Comment

help please

Originally posted by jimi57
              how do i marry an illegal alien?

Comment

Originally posted by jimi57
                Your question is not clear.......do you mean how do you file for an illegal alien after youre married? or....how do you go about marrying one?
                Each State has different rules about what is required to marry in your state so its tough to answer that question. at the minimum, I know you have to go to the local courthouse to apply for a marraige license but as to what else may be needed, one cant say because each state differs.

Comment

Originally posted by curiousone
                  Your question is not clear.......do you mean how do you file for an illegal alien after youre married? or....how do you go about marrying one?
                  Each State has different rules about what is required to marry in your state so its tough to answer that question. at the minimum, I know you have to go to the local courthouse to apply for a marraige license but as to what else may be needed, one cant say because each state differs.

my boyfriend is married to an american citizen atlthough seperated at the time now. how can he get the divorce from her so he can marry me and get his permanent residence?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea21
                    my boyfriend is married to an american citizen atlthough seperated at the time now. how can he get the divorce from her so he can marry me and get his permanent residence?
                    Get a lawyer and file for divorce.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X