I-130 Transferred from NSC to CSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Transferred from NSC to CSC

My wife is US citizen and lives with my children in USA. She has submitted I-130 for me in order for me to join them in USA; currently I am living in UAE.

1. 3/14/2004 Submitted I-130 to Nebraska Service Center.
    2. 3/17/2004 received a receipt from Nebraska Service Center stated that it will take 450-550 days to process.
    3. 10/15/2004 received a receipt from Nebraska Service Center stated that our case has been transferred to California Service Center in order to speed up the process.
    4. 11/18/2004 received a receipt from California Service Center stated the following :

On November 18, 2004, we transferred your I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN to our office in DETROIT, MI for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in DETROIT, MI will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case.

My understanding was that my case should be finalized and approved by Nebraska Service Center / California Service Center.

Is this a normal procedure / process?
    How long will it take to be approved?
    Is there anything I or my wife can do?

Thanking you.

same case

Hey there..well mine is a same case my husband is a US citizen and we also recieved a similar mail..and that really added a lot of cinfusiuon..well as far as my knowledge goes they only transfer it to california service center for a certain procedure..but it goes back to your own local service center or office then. Coz mine was applied in texas..and it went to california..and now its back in texas..well its taken me 4 mths saince it is approved.. i guess another 8-10 monthsd more..so I am applyin for visitors..though everyone has advised me against it...yet do u have a clue what r the cahnces to get visitors??

Comment

Hi sushie 294,

I have heard that you will be denied a visitor's visa (B2) if someone has filed an I-130 for you. It's advisable to consult an immigration attorney before you apply for the B2 to avoid problems to your future immigrant visa.

Comment

Hey thinking..

Thanx for the reply..well I kind of have that idea that there r 90% chances of rejection..anywyas..now recently we got DS3032 for the immigration petition..any idea how long it takes from here till I get my interview date? Coz if it takes around 3 mths thanI will obviously not try for visitors..pls reply..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X