View Full Version : Can I file a petition for my spouse's child?

06-18-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm a U.S. citizen, my wife is on her two year permanent resident period, as we got married in 08.
My wife has a child from her previous marriage. The child lives with his father in their country.
Can I file a permanent resident petition for the child, as a stepfather?

06-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Read this: http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/familybasedimmigration/categories.html

Seems you can do that.