View Full Version : Out of status after filing I-130

06-22-2010, 07:42 PM
I was on H1B status when I married my fiancée (US citizen). We filed for my permanent residency through marriage. Can I stay in the country if I am out of status while my application is being processed? It takes around 6-8 months to get a family based green card. Is there any temporary visa I need to transfer to? and what is it?

06-22-2010, 08:58 PM
If you have already filed I-485, you can legally stay in the U.S.

06-23-2010, 06:52 AM
Thanks a lot for your help.