Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 461 Visa Help???

Hello there,

I'm hoping someone can help, i'm in real limbo right now and am not sure where i stand...

To cut a long story short i am from England, been with a New Zealander for 5.5 years, married for 3.

We have been living in Australia since June 2006 and I have been on a 461 visa.

Unfortunately we have recently seperated (a month ago - no chance of reconcilliation). She is in London right now and is returning in a couple of weeks. I am due to go to London to visit family just before she arrives back here.

We broke up due to some things she's done, but she is now saying that she is going to contact immigration and get them to deny me entry when i return from London.

My question's are,

a) can she do this, will they act on it?
    b) what now happens to my visa and me staying in Australia?
    c) What would be my best options regarding obtaining Permanent residency, is there a way of applying for it after being here for just over two years?

I had planned to live here forever, i love the place, i have a good job that i have been at for over two years now and would hate to have to go back to London.

I have spoken to my employer about possible sponsorship but i understand that it would only be a temp visa and would be dependant on me staying at that company. I'm 100% happy there right now, but who knows what might happen further down the track. I just want to have the security of knowing that i can stay here and dont have anything hanging over me

Any help or advice would be really appreciated!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X