Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about moving to Australia

Hello,

I have been searching around trying to find answers for this, and I have a difficult time getting someone on the phone so maybe you all can help me out here.

I am currently living in California, USA. I would like to move to Tasmania, Australia with my boyfriend. He lives there and is an Australian citizen. I am visiting in November and I have an ETA already. I am wondering what the best approach is to be moving there on short notice? Due to family problems he is my closest "family" member and he will be supporting me, as I am currently unemployed and I am stuck in a loop for disability, which is why I am unemployed.

When I visit in November we are getting engaged. My thoughts were tourist visa and then apply for a fiance visa. Can I apply for a fiance visa from inside Australia? I will not have the ability to go back/forth between countries. I need a way to go there and stay there. What can I do in this situation, or is this impossible? It's between going to Australia or being homeless here in America.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X