Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EOI declined

Hi,

I am new to this forum and am hoping someone can help me. As the title says my EOI has been declined after being selected from the pool. I am an IT professional with more than 7 years experience(4 Years in US and 3 years in India) and had claimed 115 points with 10 bonus points. Though I have done my Bachelors and Masters in Computer Science, my EOI was declined because the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment only recognises qualifications awarded from my awarding body from 2002 onward. MY Bachelor degree was awarded in 1999, which is outside the relevant dates.

The net result was I had less than 100 points with no bonus points awarded and my EOI has been declined.

The Immigration officer wrote

"If you wish to have your Bachelor Degree recognised, you will require a NZQA Pre assessment (PAR). This assessment will determine whether the level of your qualification is comparable to the requirements for ICT Professionals, as set out on our Long Term Skill Shortage List. I will be able to hold your EOI open until we receive your NZQA pre-assessment result. Please note that this is at your own risk and there are no guarantees that the assessment will come back favourably".

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Hi Sir

I have the same issue of EOI declined after selected in the pool.

May I know is your EOI approved after you have got your qualification assessed by NZQA.

kindly update..

Thanks
    MA

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X