Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 cancelled. want to apply for australia work visa

Hi,
    I had a valid USA B1 visa until few weeks back.
    I was to attend few trainings and meetings there but the officer at the immigration counter found me not entering on a right visa so i withdrew my application and came back to india on the next available flight.
    The officer mentioned in the testimony document that under section 212 (a) (7) (B) (i) (II) of the INA as I was found inadmissible to the USA. He also cancelled my existing B1 when all this happened. The fault wasnt mine in this entire episode as the the USA counterpart by mistake mentioned the information of another person coming on the same day on a Work visa and the immigration officer took his word and did the cancellation for me.

Now my employer is planning to apply for a Australian visa. I am not sure of the visa types for australia but its going to be short term work visa to begin and it may be extended to a long term sometime later.

My questions are as follows :
    1. Will i have any problems in applying for an Australian visa when i have a cancelled USA visa ?
    2. Will the inadmissible clause hurt me in a longer run to apply for visas for friendly countries of USA like australia ?

plz help

can somebody plz help me on this matter ?

Comment

Hi,

I know of similar stories for the company I work for. No I dont think this will affect your VISA to Australian. The US homeland security have become a little strict after the Infosys row of misusing the B1 for work. Out of curiosity , which company do you work for?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X