Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Born from Indian parents - important questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Born from Indian parents - important questions.

Hello, we are planning our kid in USA, we both myself on H1B and my wife H4 are in USA and our baby is due in July 2013. My questions are

1. if child born in USA is it required/compulsory to get admission for education in India in the NRI quota
    2. is it required to visit USA in specified interval of time for the baby
    3. how to retain US passport i.e. renewal, etc even if stay is not in USA for long period, say 15-20 years or forever
    4. is it required to file the returns even if not staying in US and not earning anything
    5. if got a job in India, how to file tax returns
    6. what is the renewal period of US passport and how to renew if not staying in USA and which address to specify
    7. can a US citizen employed in government jobs
    8. how to surrender US passport and become Indian citizen if want to do so in future (need the links/documents to renounce US citizenship and accept Indian citizenship)

Thank You all in advance

1. Yes, unless you do NOT apply for the child's US passport, and only apply for its Indian passport.
    2. No. But, to visit the US, the child MUST have a US passport. That will invalidate Indian citizenship. Tough one, eh?
    3. Seriously? From an embassy/consulate.
    4. Not as a child. Maybe later, but only if it earns more than the required amount.
    5. You don't have to file anything.
    6. Again, a silly question like number 3. How do you, as an Indian citizen, renew your passport abroad? The same applied for the US.
    7. US government jobs? Of course.
    8. Check the website of any US embassy.

Comment

Thanks for your reply but i do not agree question 6 i.e. renew passport abroad. One of my friend who is working with me in the same company here in the USA renewed his Indian passport at the Indian consulate in San Francisco when his passport was about to expire, and that is the reason i asked is it possible to renew US passport in US embassy/consulate in India.

Thanks

Comment

That's exactly what I meant. Indian passport=Indian consulate or embassy. US passport=US consulate or embassy.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X