Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going India Forever Plz help for following que.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going India Forever Plz help for following que.

Hi All
    we are going back to india forever from USA in Sep 2010. We have 11 months old baby girl. She was born here. I have following things in my mind. can any one give me proper answer?

1. How much cash me and my wife can carry to India?
    2. How i can renew my daughter's US passport from India?
    3. My daughter having PIO card, so does i have to take visa for her?
    4. Which special instructions i have to follow to keep american born child in india for more than 15 years?

Waiting for soon replies.
    Thanks
    Last edited by poo; 08-18-2010, 10:14 AM.

1. less than 10,000 per person. I carried 9900 this past summer. (though no one checks or cares, it was in my pocket)
    2. renew us passport at us embassy in new delhi. goto their website for all sorts of help. you can e-mail them any specific questions. They are very helpful. I have done it in the past.
    3. Is PIO card valid? if yes, then that is your visa. PIO is attached to the passport that you received it under. If your passport expires, more than likly it il, PIO expires too (even it has longer date). However, once you are in india, and if your us passport happen to expire, renew it first, then contact ministry of external affairs who will point you to a local office, where your indian visa can be renewed, or better yey, OCI can be applied. (OCI can applied for and granted in India for US citizens (of indian origin) who residing there).
    4)special instructions: 15 years? how did you come up with that number? your daughter is us citizen. no matter where she lives or for how long, she is still citizen.
    hopefully it helps

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X