PIO for US (to be born) baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIO for US (to be born) baby

Me and my wife are in the US currently on F1 and F2 respectively. We have our H1B and H4 approved (from October 2011).

We are expecting a baby - delivery due early december 2011. We need to travel to India for a family function in mid-Feb 2012.

As I understand, we'll need the following :
    1. US passport for the baby.
    2. PIO card for the baby.

Am I missing any documents required ? What is the approximate processing time for these ? I see there is an expedite service for US passport however there isn't for the PIO card. What is its approximate processing time ?

My concern here is timing. Can anyone advice what documentation is required ? what can I keep ready at the time of baby's birth so that all the required paperwork is taken care of in least time ?

Thanks,
    Tej

Originally posted by tej007 View Post
    Me and my wife are in the US currently on F1 and F2 respectively. We have our H1B and H4 approved (from October 2011).

We are expecting a baby - delivery due early december 2011. We need to travel to India for a family function in mid-Feb 2012.

As I understand, we'll need the following :
    1. US passport for the baby.
    2. PIO card for the baby.

Am I missing any documents required ? What is the approximate processing time for these ? I see there is an expedite service for US passport however there isn't for the PIO card. What is its approximate processing time ?

My concern here is timing. Can anyone advice what documentation is required ? what can I keep ready at the time of baby's birth so that all the required paperwork is taken care of in least time ?

Thanks,
    Tej

hi Tej,
    Passport and PIO are sufficient but only thing is you can get PIO only after getting passport.

Get Passport for baby as quickly as possible.

PIO time varies between states. For me , at CA it took around 3-3.5 weeks to get PIO card.

PIO requires many attested documents.

Hope this helps

Ravi

Comment

Hi,
      Once baby born, you need to get the birth certificate - takes atleast 2 - 4 weeks and then apply for passport -expedited will take 2 weeks.you can also get it in one day also I think you need to pay around $500. Instead PIO card you can get visa to go to India and you need to find nearest Indian consulate and fly there and get it dont the same day But they operate only in week days. Time is not a big deal. Once you get birth certificate within a week you can get the rest if you are willing to pay the price.
      Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X