Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-94 Extension at Loredo, Texas, POE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I-94 Extension at Loredo, Texas, POE

    Yesterday(April 1st) we got my wife and daughter i94 renew.
    Thanks a lot to gbhat

    Process is very simple as mentioned gbhat Laredo on 03/24 .

    we reached about 3pm, Hotel Shuttle dropped us at "EL Bufalo Pawn, Flores Avenue, Laredo, TX", from there hardly 2 mins, the shuttle driver told us how to go to bridge for pedestrians. it is just 2 mins walk from there...
    just for info( Courtyard Marriott Hotel gives free drop and pick, i felt it is safe to park my car in hotel and take the shuttle).

    before we go out from border we inquired with Security Officer whether we can directly go to office and get it done rather than we go out and come in..he clearly mentioned need to go out and come in. he also told me they would send us down stairs for i94 renew and it is known process to them.

    75 cents per head (3 quarters) need to drop in machine to go out, once we get in to out side moving queue , A office saw us desi face and he came to us, ( i think we are the only Desi , all are mostly Mexicans) and shown us where to jump in to incoming queue, there are yellow marks on the road(this you could clearly see in google map https://www.google.com/maps/@27.5001.../data=!3m1!1e3 ), exactly half the distance to bridge, it is half the way to bridge and jumped to inside queue, waited about 30 mins in queue, the queue was till half the way of bridge.

    Officer scanned our passports and sent us to down stairs, there are 4 counters, once of the officer renewed i94, and charged 6 USD cash per head. no questions asked, they verified i797, and address proof , i gave my DL for address proof.

    the entire process took 1hr.

    happy to answer any info on this process.
    Last edited by cjkumar.2000; 04-02-2018, 11:55 AM.

    Comment


    • I-94 extension

      Originally posted by xaanaadoo View Post
      This thread is a trove of helpful information. Thanks everyone.
      I have to extend my I94 and so I am planning for a trip to Laredo. I am located in Charleston, SC. My recent I94 was issued until date of expiry of my passport (April 2018) and so I trying to get the date on new I94 matched up with expiry date on H1B petition -

      Recent I-94 received at port of entry (EWR - Newark, NJ) - Admitted until date: 10 April 2018
      Current US visa (H1-B) stamped on the old passport - Expiration date: 30 May 2018
      Expiry of approved I-797A H1-B petition received earlier in the year: 14 March 2020

      Can someone please advise if the CBP will issue a new I94 until the expiry of my H1B visa or the validity of I797A petition (I.e. until March 2020). The reason I am asking this question is because it will help me make a decision if I go to Laredo to extend I94 or have to leave country and get new H1B stamped at the consulate.

      Thanks again.

      - - - Updated - - -



      You might want to use your old passport number to check your new I94 validity of CBP site. They use the passport with visa to track the I94 record and so if you have recently renewed your passport, you might still want to use your earlier passport number to pull up the record.
      I am also in the same situation, Were you able to extend your I-94 at airport or cross border?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by prinusa View Post
        I am also in the same situation, Were you able to extend your I-94 at airport or cross border?
        Are you /Anyone planning to go. Please let me know. I have similar situation and thinking for someone's company who has similar situation.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bajpaipiyu View Post
          Are you /Anyone planning to go. Please let me know. I have similar situation and thinking for someone's company who has similar situation.
          I am in similar situation, My wife's I-94 is expiring in May, so planning to go on 4/11. I will follow the guidelines shared by gbhat and cjkumar.2000.

          Comment


          • I-94 renewal

            Originally posted by gbhat View Post
            We went on Laredo on 03/24. Below is my experience
            1) GPS this Location , H & M , Downtown, Laredo. This will take straight into the Mall Parking garage, $2/hr parking.
            2) 5 mins walk to the bridge, pay 75c to cross the bridge. Its okay if you dont have change as they have quarter machine.
            3) You will have to walk half way to mexico bridge and then jump on the other side to join the line to come to USA.
            4) Once you reach the CBP officer, Explain him and tell him you didn't go to mexico and came for I94 from the middle of the bridge. They will understand it and he will give you a yellow slip where you will be directed to a different office which is 2 mins from there.
            5) Once we went inside the office, Officer knew the i94 process, He asked me (Where do i live?, Did you came from USA or mexico?, Where do you work?, What is my designation? What is my son's age? are you the parent? )
            6) He took bio-metrics of me and my wife and issued me paper I-94 and i had to pay him 6$

            There was a long line due to which the entire process took 1 hr and we were out. I checked Online after coming home and My I-94 was updated. Hope this helps, Process is very easy and CBP officers are aware about this process and they are very helpful.
            Does this process change your "Most Recent Entry" date on I-94 to January 2018?

            Comment


            • Need info on extending I-94

              Hi All,

              Can anyone please tell me if we get a new I 94 at Land POE without crossing the border, does it update 'Most Recent Entry' date on CBP website when we download I-94?

              Thanks,
              chegde

              Comment


              • Originally posted by chegde View Post
                Hi All,

                Can anyone please tell me if we get a new I 94 at Land POE without crossing the border, does it update 'Most Recent Entry' date on CBP website when we download I-94?

                Thanks,
                chegde
                Yes it does change the "Most Recent Date of Entry" on I-94. I just extended my wife's I-94 on 4/11. Will share the details soon.

                Comment


                • Visited Laredo Yesterday (Apr 14, 2018) and Had to Cross Border

                  I visited Laredo, yesterday (Apr 14, 2018).

                  Having parked at the Valero gas station and followed the instructions on this thread (which were very clear, by the way - thanks!), an officer told me I would have to leave the country and re-enter. I was told very clearly it would not be possible to renew my I-94 without leaving the country. He said this was a requirement of all I-94 renewals. I could either drive across this bridge into Mexico, or walk halfway across the other bridge and come back in there (avoiding the need to actually enter Mexico).

                  It was a bit of a trek to the other bridge, so I chose to drive.

                  Coming back into the US, there were no issues and my I-94 was renewed.

                  Comment


                  • I-94 extended at Laredo. TX after COI verification

                    I got my I-94 extended on Saturday 04/21 at Laredo, Tx by crossing the pedestrian bridge. They are particular that we pay the toll and cross the bridge till mid poin if we need the I-94 extended. The process was exactly how people described it in the thread. So first of all thanks to everyone for posting their experience and helping me.

                    I would like to share one additional process which I went through during my extension. I had traveled to quite a few countries outside of USA, so the officer was validating each and every exit and entry stamp on my old passport. When he came across the stamping for Dubai and Malaysia he marked something called COI in the orange slip they give and sent me down to the room where we get the new I-94. In the room they took my passport and had me wait for 30 to 45 minutes till they verified all my details and got additional details from me specifically for Malaysia and Dubai on why I visited those places and what I did there. I had visited many other countries, but they were only interested in these 2 countries travel in particular. Once they verified all the details they got my work related details fed it in their system and gave me the new I-94.

                    They did not call it out specifically but they are doing additional round of verification if you have visited any Muslim countries. I think COI stands for 'Country of Interest', just a guess So don't worry if they send you for additional verification, just give them the required details they verify and feed it in their system and give you the new I-94. Only draw back is you will have to wait an additional 30 min in that office.

                    Comment


                    • Travelling this weekend (May 12th 2018) to update my I-94 at Loredo, TX.

                      My issue was not with the passport renewal but I was in India when my H1B extension got approved so when I came back to US I showed the CBP officer my old H1B(I797) at Port of entry (POE) as I don't have the new one in Original copy.
                      With that the date on my online I94 was moved back to match my old H1B date. So I'm going this week to Loredo to get that updated and match with the new H1B extension date. I was a little nervous but after watching these posts I was happy and confident.

                      Thank you all for posting such a valuable info. Keep rocking.

                      Comment


                      • Successful I-94 Extension at Laredo Texas

                        I did my I94 extension in Laredo, Texas on 07-Jul-18. The process was quick and smooth , thanks to everyone who posted their experiences here. I gained confidence after reading posts here.

                        --More details below --
                        Why I wanted I94 extension : My stamped VISA was till 2020, my password was valid till Sep 2018. So my I94 , which was provided during my last ?port of entry? was till Sep 2018 only.
                        What I did before going to Laredo, TX - CBP office : Got new India passport which is valid till 2028. Read the information from this forum. Called DFW airport CBP to check whether they can extent by I94 based on new passport, they said can?t do. Decided to travel to Laredo for extension.
                        What I did in Laredo, TX : I want to go to CBP office @ Bridge 1( Pedestrian bridge) .
                        Set GPS destination to ?1600 Water St, Laredo, TX 78040? (Outlet shopper at Laredo) , it is close by CBP office and lot of open free parking space ( limit 3 hrs).
                        Once out of Parking take right on ?Water street? you will reach ?Convert Ave? cross the road at lights and walked to the CBP office where people are entering US after Immigration.
                        Checked with officer- explaining my story and I94 extension, he asked to take ?U? turn on bridge and come back for the same. They said I-94 cannot be done until I come via bridge.
                        So walked back to bridge entrance, which we crossed few mins before on waters street.
                        Reconfirmed with offices/security before bridge again whether we can take ?U? turn on bridge and only doing this for I94.
                        They said you can do it, no issues. Dropped $1(4 quarters) on the rotating gates (there are machines which gives quarters for dollars) and starting walking down to the bridge and crossed the road exactly middle of bridge. There is small opening in the bridge at the point. Be careful cars as are moving.
                        Enter into the walkway which will take into US side CBP office , hardly there was a people .
                        Met the officer in counter , explained that I didn?t cross border came here for I94 only , he went and discussed with other officer ? came back and took $6 from me and provided I94 paper copy.
                        Came out and found there was a spilling mistake in name ? went back again immediately and fixed it. Checked I-94 online next day.. all good.

                        All the Best !!!

                        - Karthik

                        Comment


                        • Going to Laredo 20th July 2018

                          Hi Team,

                          Firstly Thanks a lot for your posts.
                          My case is:

                          1. My H1 is valid till 2020. I came to US from India last month. I didn't know that I have to show my approved I797 to get latest I94. I got my I94 till my valid stamping date which is 9th September 2018.

                          I hope going to Mexico Border, Laredo will solve my problem and I am going to Laredo on 20th July from Dallas to get my I-94 extended. If anybody going on those dates, please let me know.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by pavanuma17 View Post
                            Hi Team,

                            Firstly Thanks a lot for your posts.
                            My case is:

                            1. My H1 is valid till 2020. I came to US from India last month. I didn't know that I have to show my approved I797 to get latest I94. I got my I94 till my valid stamping date which is 9th September 2018.

                            I hope going to Mexico Border, Laredo will solve my problem and I am going to Laredo on 20th July from Dallas to get my I-94 extended. If anybody going on those dates, please let me know.
                            Hi,

                            Im not sure that you can get I94 till 2020, because your stamping is till Sep 2018 only. But let us know how it went for you on 20th Jul @ Laredo.

                            Comment


                            • I 94 Extension at Laredo with latest I 797

                              Hi ,

                              Thanks all for posting your experiences it was very helpful . I got my I 94 extended at Laredo .

                              At port of entry , I was given I 94 based on my Visa Date which is Sep 2018 . I had I 797 which is till 2019 . I was not aware that I had to show my I 797 to get my I 94 till 2019 .

                              I went to Laredo on 21st July 2018 . Being weekend there was big queue . I had explained my case to one of the officers and she took me inside the CBP office . I did not have to stand in the queue outside the office. I had explained my case to another officer and he let me stand in the queue inside the building. I did not have to cross Bridge 1 or Bridge 2 . At the window I had again explained the officer my case . Since he was not very sure if my I 94 can be extended , he brought in another officer . I had to explain the officer that the one I 94 on the I 797 was not the latest one as I had renetered US after I was issued the I 797 . Finally , i was issued a paper permit I 94 with extended date . My old I 94 which was given based on my Visa date , had my new passport number on it . But the one which I had got at Laredo was given on my old passport number ( may be because I had the stamped Visa on old passport ) . I went back again to the CBP office and queried about it and they stamped my new passport with the latest date of entry. The officers at the CBP office Laredo were very helpful.

                              I had carried all Visa documents with me , apart from I 797 and passports , I was asked for my last I 94 , even though the date of entry was stamped in the passport . I was carrying a print of my I 94 as well so that helped. It took 15- 20 mins on a weekend to get my I 94 updated .

                              Comment


                              • Plan to go Laredo for I-94 extension

                                Hi Karthik,

                                My case is similar like you and plan to go Laredo on coming one of the weekend, but when I check their timings, weekends are closed but you said you went on Saturday and get extended?

                                Are they really open the office?

                                Thanks,
                                Gayatri


                                Originally posted by karthik0709 View Post
                                I did my I94 extension in Laredo, Texas on 07-Jul-18. The process was quick and smooth , thanks to everyone who posted their experiences here. I gained confidence after reading posts here.

                                --More details below --
                                Why I wanted I94 extension : My stamped VISA was till 2020, my password was valid till Sep 2018. So my I94 , which was provided during my last ?port of entry? was till Sep 2018 only.
                                What I did before going to Laredo, TX - CBP office : Got new India passport which is valid till 2028. Read the information from this forum. Called DFW airport CBP to check whether they can extent by I94 based on new passport, they said can?t do. Decided to travel to Laredo for extension.
                                What I did in Laredo, TX : I want to go to CBP office @ Bridge 1( Pedestrian bridge) .
                                Set GPS destination to ?1600 Water St, Laredo, TX 78040? (Outlet shopper at Laredo) , it is close by CBP office and lot of open free parking space ( limit 3 hrs).
                                Once out of Parking take right on ?Water street? you will reach ?Convert Ave? cross the road at lights and walked to the CBP office where people are entering US after Immigration.
                                Checked with officer- explaining my story and I94 extension, he asked to take ?U? turn on bridge and come back for the same. They said I-94 cannot be done until I come via bridge.
                                So walked back to bridge entrance, which we crossed few mins before on waters street.
                                Reconfirmed with offices/security before bridge again whether we can take ?U? turn on bridge and only doing this for I94.
                                They said you can do it, no issues. Dropped $1(4 quarters) on the rotating gates (there are machines which gives quarters for dollars) and starting walking down to the bridge and crossed the road exactly middle of bridge. There is small opening in the bridge at the point. Be careful cars as are moving.
                                Enter into the walkway which will take into US side CBP office , hardly there was a people .
                                Met the officer in counter , explained that I didn?t cross border came here for I94 only , he went and discussed with other officer ? came back and took $6 from me and provided I94 paper copy.
                                Came out and found there was a spilling mistake in name ? went back again immediately and fixed it. Checked I-94 online next day.. all good.

                                All the Best !!!

                                - Karthik

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X