X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jishnuchalageri
    replied
    I-94 Extension at Larido

Hi sivakumar, I need to travel from Atlanta so need few info so that i can plan accordingly. i would really appreciate your timely help

Originally posted by sivakumar19851 View Post
    I went to Laredo TX to get i94 after passport renewal, the process if fairly simple, I was just asked for the passport.

Below link will shows the distance between parking the car and the CBP Office for i94. Parking is like $5/hr. There is not need to cross the border, the CBP office is just before the border(see the link).

It should not take more than 1 hour, when I went, the payment window was like closed for an hour, so the total time it took was 2 hours

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/27.5...a=!3m2!1e3!4b1

Leave a comment:

• jishnuchalageri
    replied
    I-94 Extension at Larido

Hi Sakthim, i need to get my i-94 reissue. i need to travel from atlanta. please guide me. there are two CBP office, one at Laredo airport and the other is at Border. WHich CBP office you refer to ? i am planning to take flight from atlanta to laredo. After getting down i need to book taki to border. to this address 300-398 San Dario Avenue
    Laredo, TX 78040?

Originally posted by sakthim View Post
    Here is my recent experience going to Laredo for i94 reissue due to passport expiry.
    Firstly, there is no need to cross the border, you can directly go to the cbp and stand in line. I parked the car in valero gas station where you pay $5 per hour and get a receipt and stick it to windshield. There is construction going on so you will see the roads blocked. From valero walk towards the cbp offices on the pavement, once you see the place where cbp performs inspection for incoming cars from mexico there is an small office building where few people might stand in line. Join that line and wait for your turn, there is no mention about i-94 in that line so dont get confused its the same line for mexican permits and i94. The officer will call each person one by one, when its your turn go in and hand over the new and old passport, i797 approval notice and tell them you are here to get the i94 renewed. They might ask you some basic questions but just a formality. Pay the $6 fee and get your paper i94, after few hours the same will be updated in online system. The whole process from car to car took me around 1 hour. Good luck...

Leave a comment:

• sakthim
    replied
    Originally posted by ganeshinadvt View Post
    All

am also in similar situation.. Planning to cross border n come..

Could you please share the pros/cons involved in it. i have visa stamped... I94 getting expired soon due to passport expiry..Passport has been renewed
    Here is my recent experience going to Laredo for i94 reissue due to passport expiry.
    Firstly, there is no need to cross the border, you can directly go to the cbp and stand in line. I parked the car in valero gas station where you pay $5 per hour and get a receipt and stick it to windshield. There is construction going on so you will see the roads blocked. From valero walk towards the cbp offices on the pavement, once you see the place where cbp performs inspection for incoming cars from mexico there is an small office building where few people might stand in line. Join that line and wait for your turn, there is no mention about i-94 in that line so dont get confused its the same line for mexican permits and i94. The officer will call each person one by one, when its your turn go in and hand over the new and old passport, i797 approval notice and tell them you are here to get the i94 renewed. They might ask you some basic questions but just a formality. Pay the $6 fee and get your paper i94, after few hours the same will be updated in online system. The whole process from car to car took me around 1 hour. Good luck...

Leave a comment:

• ganeshinadvt
    replied
    Clarification Needed

All

am also in similar situation.. Planning to cross border n come..

Could you please share the pros/cons involved in it. i have visa stamped... I94 getting expired soon due to passport expiry..Passport has been renewed

Leave a comment:

• shiva80
    replied
    Need Mexican Visa ?

Hi All,
    Thank you for sharing this info. We live in Plano, TX and I am also in the same situation. My renewal is due by November 2016. So, we are planning
    to follow the same procedure by going to Loredo to get it done. My question here is, do we need Mexican visa
    to go there and get it done or valid US visa is enough (as I read it somewhere)?

Thanks
    Shiva

Leave a comment:

• gpk
    replied
    I-94 Extension at Loredo, Texas, POE

Originally posted by Chaitanya Paladugu View Post
    Did you go over the weekend? Please share your experience.
    Hi to all,

I recently went to laredo Tx to get new i-94 after receiving new passport. the process is simple. to laredo tx and walk towards mexico board and pay $0.75 at mexico board fee and cross the gates with fee receipts and then u can ask any security person (you have find english speaking person) about to get i-94. he will say you don't have to go to mexico customs security then come back to usa. he will suggest jump and join the USA side lane. (no issue to jump) (don't be confuse about this once you there u know what i talking about. don't think too much about this). once you join the big Q to entry USA. we are going for i-94 so no need to wait in the Q just cross all the people towards USA CBP office. once you close to CBP office tell the security officer about u came for i-94 then they will let u go inside.

wait in the lane tell CBp officer why you came then they will issue. (if any case office say he cann't give tell you want to speaker Sr office to explain . few of the officer at there are new for H1b visa i-94 )

keep $6 for i-94 fee

also it's open for 24/7 so no need to go on week days .

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Chaitanya Paladugu
    replied
    Experience

Originally posted by sutanu View Post
    Shiva , Rajsekhar :

Thanks for your inputs . I Plan to travel to Lardeo to get I 94 extended for my wife after her passport renewal. I plan to travel this weekend.

Can either of you please specify the CBP office timings? From the CBP site I see its 8-5 for weekdays only for one office whereas there are other offices in the same place open 24hrs / 7 days .. Need your feedback to plan my travel.

Appreciate you taking your time to response.

Sutanu

Did you go over the weekend? Please share your experience.

Leave a comment:

• pankajchopra
    replied
    CBP office timings at Laredo, TX

Dear All,

we hope & wish that you are doing great.

Actually we are in similar situation where my wife's current I94 is expiring soon.

She is thinking to make trip to Loredo, TX during coming weekend(July 16th / 17th 2016) but not sure if cbp office remains open at weekend ? and which office she should visit.

I shall be very thankful if you can share some quick details pls.

Regards,
    P

Leave a comment:

• sutanu
    replied
    CBP office timings at Laredo

Shiva , Rajsekhar :

Thanks for your inputs . I Plan to travel to Lardeo to get I 94 extended for my wife after her passport renewal. I plan to travel this weekend.

Can either of you please specify the CBP office timings? From the CBP site I see its 8-5 for weekdays only for one office whereas there are other offices in the same place open 24hrs / 7 days .. Need your feedback to plan my travel.

Appreciate you taking your time to response.

Sutanu

Leave a comment:

• balajigudivada
    replied
    I94 renewal

Dear Shiva,

Good Morning,

Great

Can i know what documents have you taken

1. I797
    2. Old I94
    3. Old Passport and new passport
    4. Salary slips
    5. rental agreement in United States

please i am planning this week end with my family because both are getting expiry august 30th

If possible please can you call me (405) 549 5530

Kind Regards
    Balaji G

[QUOTE=sivakumar19851;444935]I went to Laredo TX to get i94 after passport renewal, the process if fairly simple, I was just asked for the passport.

Below link will shows the distance between parking the car and the CBP Office for i94. Parking is like $5/hr. There is not need to cross the border, the CBP office is just before the border(see the link).

It should not take more than 1 hour, when I went, the payment window was like closed for an hour, so the total time it took was 2 hours

Leave a comment:

• sivakumar19851
    replied
    i94 after passport renewal Laredo TX from San Antonio

I went to Laredo TX to get i94 after passport renewal, the process if fairly simple, I was just asked for the passport.

Leave a comment:

• MR24
    replied
    I-94 extension at Eagle Pass, TX - Mexico Border

Hi,
    I am in a similar situation... Can anyone please share experience of I-94 extension at Eagle Pass (Bridge 1, Garrison Street), I am planning to go there for I-94 extension. Or experience at any TX border, that will be a help.

Thanks,
    MR24

Leave a comment:

• jparora
    replied

Hi Rajasekhar,
    Did you get any reply...how did you finally managed to get i94 renew at texas mexico border
    Please explain....
    I have similar situation and want to know detailed steps.

Thanks
    jp

Leave a comment:

• rvannela
    started a topic I-94 Extension at Loredo, Texas, POE

I-94 Extension at Loredo, Texas, POE

Hi,

The admit date on my I-94 is till March 01, 2015. At the time of entering the country, the immigration officer admitted me until March 01, 2015 as my passport was expiring on March 02, 2015. He asked me to get my passport renewed and visit any CBP office.

However, the CBP officer gave me two options
    1) Go out of the country and re-enter
    2) Apply I-539 online at USCIC for extension.

I am currently in Chicago and am going to Texas to see my relatives this weekend.

My questions are -

1) Can i cross the border at Loredo and re-enter US to get my I-94 extension?
    2) If not Loredo, are there any other cities in Texas where I can cross the border to get my I-94 extended?
    3) If I apply online, what do i tell my employer to file for the extension?

Thank you for reading through my post.

Thanks,
    Rajashekar

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X