Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can B1 visitor apply for Canadian Visitor visa, while in US ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can B1 visitor apply for Canadian Visitor visa, while in US ?

Hi,

I am in Seattle on H1b and my Father-in-law is visiting us on B1 visa. Being close to Canadian border, we are thinking to make him visit in Canada part as well. My questions are -
    1- Can he apply for Canada visitor visa, while in US ? Processing time in India is 37 days and he is travelling to US in less than 37 days, so I can not apply his visa from India.
    2- If it can be applied, he will need to give his passport to Canadian authority. Is it ok for him to stay without passport in US during that duration ?
    Please suggest.
    Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by abhisheks77 View Post
    Hi,

I am in Seattle on H1b and my Father-in-law is visiting us on B1 visa. Being close to Canadian border, we are thinking to make him visit in Canada part as well. My questions are -
    1- Can he apply for Canada visitor visa, while in US ? Processing time in India is 37 days and he is travelling to US in less than 37 days, so I can not apply his visa from India.
    2- If it can be applied, he will need to give his passport to Canadian authority. Is it ok for him to stay without passport in US during that duration ?
    Please suggest.
    Thanks in advance.
    Because your relative is not a permanent resident here in the US he does need to apply for eTA to transit to Canada, the process can be done electronically through "Citizenship Canada's" website and may only take minutes, here is the application link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X