Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 Extension due to Passport Expiry

Hi Folks,

My H1B visa validity is until Oct 2018 but my passport is expiring in Jul 2017, due to this the immigration officer provided me the I94 on my passport only until July 2017. I have applied for passport renewal and expect to receive it in a week or two. Am planning to visit one of the Land borders of USA /Mexico and get my I94 renewed. Could any of you help me with your latest experience or if any of you are planning to do the same, please let me know. We could tag along for it. Thanks a lot for your responses in advance. Please connect with me directly on [email protected]

Go through these links

I am also in the same boat.

Basically, there are two ways to get your I-94 renewed.
    1. File an I-539 (Extension of Stay) application (Fee $370) with USCIS
    2. Leave the country and come back.

I have booked an Air ticket to Cancun, Mexico and leaving a day before and will return back 2 days after my I-94 expires so I'll get a new I-94 at Houston Airport.
    However, you can go through these links for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by suman9730 View Post
      H1b extension of status is not applied with I-539. Instead, it can only be done by the employer filing I-129.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Extension through CBP Office

Hi,

you can make it updated by reaching CBP in nearest international airport. Show them old and new passports, they will make it updated in 5 min. I did it Logan Airport Boston today successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by kodramr View Post
          Hi,

you can make it updated by reaching CBP in nearest international airport. Show them old and new passports, they will make it updated in 5 min. I did it Logan Airport Boston today successfully.
          Hi,

I called the Logan airport deferred inspection department and they told me they cannot change I-94 dates and that I will have to leave the country and come back to get new I-94. I'm in New Jersey and am ready to travel till Boston as I know here they don't do the change in Newark or JFK airport. Let me know if I should take my chance and walk in and check if this can be done?

Thanks

Comment

I94 Extension due to Passport Expiry

Originally posted by nimz14 View Post
            Hi,

I called the Logan airport deferred inspection department and they told me they cannot change I-94 dates and that I will have to leave the country and come back to get new I-94. I'm in New Jersey and am ready to travel till Boston as I know here they don't do the change in Newark or JFK airport. Let me know if I should take my chance and walk in and check if this can be done?

Thanks
            What did you find?
            I am planning to go to Newark airport and want to know what you did?

Thanks
            Krishna
            [email protected]

Comment

I94 Extension due to Passport Expiry

Please share your experiences.

And if you are travelling out of country, then how about the visa of that country and your trip plans. Thanks.

thanks
              Krishna

Comment

Originally posted by Mayappakrishna View Post
                What did you find?

Thanks
                Krishna
                [email protected]
                Hi Krishna,

I went to Newark airport and they told me that they only change I-94 if there is an error in the I-94 they issued. Since my I-94 was issued correctly according to my passport expiry they asked me to file for an extension with USCIS. I'm not sure if I should go to Boston as even they are giving the same response over phone.

Thanks

Comment

Do we need prior appointment to go to CBP office?

Originally posted by kodramr View Post
                  Hi,

Have you scheduled the appointment with CBP office or you just walked in and get it done? I am in the same situation, called number of times but there is no response. Please let me know how you done this.

Thanks in advance
                  Naveen

Comment

Originally posted by Mayappakrishna View Post
                    What did you find?

Thanks
                    Krishna
                    [email protected]
                    I am in the same situation, did you managed to get the i-94 extended at airport or cross border?

Comment

Need new I94 after passport renewal

I am on L1 visa and my passport is expiring this year october so i got I94 till that time only.
                      I have got a new passport here so I am planning to go to cancun mexico and come back like in 3 days.
                      My question is that do i have to travel in october only when my current I94 gets expired or anytime i can travel and i will be given new I94 once i come back ?

Comment

I94 extension due to passport expiry

Originally posted by suman9730 View Post
                        I am also in the same boat.

Basically, there are two ways to get your I-94 renewed.
                        2. Leave the country and come back.

I have booked an Air ticket to Cancun, Mexico and leaving a day before and will return back 2 days after my I-94 expires so I'll get a new I-94 at Houston Airport.
                        However, you can go through these links for more info.

http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...ght=I-94+renew
                        Hi, was u able to do it when u travelled to Cancun ?

Comment

Originally posted by ankit3533 View Post
                          I am on L1 visa and my passport is expiring this year october so i got I94 till that time only.
                          I have got a new passport here so I am planning to go to cancun mexico and come back like in 3 days.
                          My question is that do i have to travel in october only when my current I94 gets expired or anytime i can travel and i will be given new I94 once i come back ?
                          You can go anytime you want, I flew to Canada and got new I-94 ( My old PP had visa and new PP was blank)

Comment

Originally posted by rocky127 View Post
                            You can go anytime you want, I flew to Canada and got new I-94 ( My old PP had visa and new PP was blank)
                            Hello Rocky127, May I know when did you travel to Canada to get this done succesfully ? I want to extend H4's I94 after passport renewal and planning to go to Canada and comeback. If you have done it very recently, then I can think of same option.

Comment

Originally posted by nimz14 View Post
                              Hi,

Thanks
                              Hi,

Did you finally travel from New Jersey to Boston, and got your I-94 extended at Boston Logan Airport CBP?

Thanks for your prompt response!!
                              Last edited by Kaushik2; 07-29-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X