Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AnshX
    replied
    I noticed this thread is going under Other countries/Canada-Mexico forum, so I have put my step by step experience in detail at - https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...170#post520170 in case someone needs in detail.

Leave a comment:

• AnshX
    replied
    Hi, marked my answers below per my experience.

1) When you went to the San Ysidro POE, was it considered as entry to USA from Mexico or was it just like a visit to a CBP office within USA? -- For me it was an entry to "San Ysidro Land Port of Entry – West Pedestrian Facility" which is on USA side of border.

2) Did they issue a new I-94 or did they amend the i94? How does it appear on your I-94 arrival record? --- They issued a paper I-94 and stapled on my new passport. They also updated it in the system right away.

3) Could you please confirm the address? Is it 720 East San Ysidro Blvd, San Ysidro, CA 92173? --- I don't think this is the right address as it probably points to East facility where correction would be done prior to last year. I went to West facility and the google address is --> 415-499 Virginia Ave, San Diego, CA 92173.

I noticed this thread is going under Other countries/Canada-Mexico forum, so I have put my step by step experience in detail with at - https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...170#post520170 in case someone needs in detail.

Leave a comment:

• waiter7
    replied
    question about I-94 extension

Thanks so much for sharing this information. My spouse is in a similar situation and we we have to extend the i-94 date. We have a couple of questions:

1) When you went to the San Ysidro POE, was it considered as entry to USA from Mexico or was it just like a visit to a CBP office within USA?

2) Did they issue a new I-94 or did they amend the i94? How does it appear on your I-94 arrival record?

3) Could you please confirm the address? Is it 720 East San Ysidro Blvd, San Ysidro, CA 92173?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Neoranjit
    replied
    First of all, Thank You to everyone who had posted their experiences. I was at the San Ysidro Port of Entry on 2nd Sep at about 5pm. This is about 30 miles from San Diego. Just look up for this place on Google Maps and park your car at the outlet mall near by. The port of entry is next door to the outlet mall.

Once in, walk in to the Port of Entry, I went straight to the payment counter, paid $6 and got a receipt for the fee. Post that, went to the officer and informed him that I need to extend my I-94 as my passport expired. Just so ,he understood me clearly, kept my passport page open and showed him the date, while I explained. It seemed like they see a lot of these cases and he understood immediately, what I wanted.
    The officer at the desk went through each of the documents prsented ( I had carried my I129, 797, Pay slips, offer letter, DL for address proof ) . Once the officer was satisfied, he quickly updated my i94.
    The newer date reflects on the website as well.
    Should any of you have any doubts, please feel free to PM me and I shall answer as quickly as I possibly can

Leave a comment:

• Neoranjit
    replied
    Originally posted by AnshX View Post
    Hi @ Neoranjit, by a line with 3-4 hours I guess you are referring to a line that is formed while coming back to USA (if you cross border). In my case, as I mentioned earlier, I did not cross the border. Instead, I directly went to Land port of entry and got all this done. I arrived there at around 6 pm and was the only person there and entire process took just 15-20 minutes for me. As I left premises, I checked and found it also got updated on the official website for I-94 immediately.

Believe me, you all don't need to worry at all since the officers were very friendly and entire process was so smooth. One can get this extended by crossing border too but we didn't prefer that option. I'll try to put detailed description in coming days to give more insight.
    this is very helpful. Thank you AnshX

Leave a comment:

• AnshX
    replied
    My I-94 Extension Experience

Hi @ Neoranjit, by a line with 3-4 hours I guess you are referring to a line that is formed while coming back to USA (if you cross border). In my case, as I mentioned earlier, I did not cross the border. Instead, I directly went to Land port of entry and got all this done. I arrived there at around 6 pm and was the only person there and entire process took just 15-20 minutes for me. As I left premises, I checked and found it also got updated on the official website for I-94 immediately.

Believe me, you all don't need to worry at all since the officers were very friendly and entire process was so smooth. One can get this extended by crossing border too but we didn't prefer that option. I'll try to put detailed description in coming days to give more insight.

Leave a comment:

• anoopshuklamcs@gmail.com
    replied
    Originally posted by Balajiram View Post
    Hi All,

My wife is on L1. Her passport is about to expire in Jan 2018. We have renewed it recently. She has visa validity till Sep 2018. But I-94 is valid till Dec-2017.

We are planning to goto san diego -mexico border to get my wifes I-94 extended.

Is Anyone having recent Experience in San-Diego-Mexico Border?

Thanks,
    Balaji
    I am also stuck in same situation and also planing an diego -mexico border . If you want , I can join with you.
    Please message me .

Leave a comment:

• Neoranjit
    replied
    Hi @anshx, do you suggest any particular time of the day or night for quick processing? Is it true that there's lines for 3-4 hours ?

Leave a comment:

• AnshX
    replied
    I-94 Exension

Yes, I recently extended I-94 last month and can share useful information.

First, You don't necessarily need to cross mexico border and come back to extend your I-94. I also had I-94 valid until Dec17 due to my old passport expiration. So last month I traveled to Mexico border to get this extended. Instead of crossing the border directly, first I went to Land port of entry and explained my case to an immigration officer. He directed me to another adjacent office where I again explained that why I am here. Further I was directed to a Fee window where one has to pay $6 fee for each applicant. Then they asked me some basic questions to understand my case more clearly and finally extended I-94 in the system and also attached a paper I-94 on the passport. Entire process turned out to be simpler than what I expected.

Leave a comment:

• I-94 Extension after passport renewal at mexico border near Sandiego

Hi All,

My wife is on L1. Her passport is about to expire in Jan 2018. We have renewed it recently. She has visa validity till Sep 2018. But I-94 is valid till Dec-2017.

We are planning to goto san diego -mexico border to get my wifes I-94 extended.

Is Anyone having recent Experience in San-Diego-Mexico Border?

Thanks,
    Balaji

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X