Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada tourist visa application while on non-imigrant visa in the US

Hi,
    I am an Indian citizen currently in the US with family on a L1 (non immigrant) visa for the next 2 years. I and my wife + child (L2's) have to travel to Canada for a few days to attend a family function and vacation. What's the best way to apply for a tourist visa to Canada? I hope we could apply for one while we are here in the US?

Regards,
    Shashank

Originally posted by bhargava.shashank86 View Post
    Hi,
    I am an Indian citizen currently in the US with family on a L1 (non immigrant) visa for the next 2 years. I and my wife + child (L2's) have to travel to Canada for a few days to attend a family function and vacation. What's the best way to apply for a tourist visa to Canada? I hope we could apply for one while we are here in the US?

Regards,
    Shashank
    Hi there!

Yes you can apply from the US for a Canadian tourist visa, you can just apply online on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's website. When you get your e-mail from them approving the visa, you will need to give your passport for stamping to the nearest Visa Application Center (VAC). However, there are only two VACs in the US where you can give your biometrics and give your passport for visa stamping. You can request them to send you back your stamped passport for a fee if you live far away or don't really have the time to pick it up.

Here's a link with how to apply and a list of documents you need for the visa application: https://www.justforcanada.com/tempor...or-canada.html

Hope this helps!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X