Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small query! Big Help!

Dear All,
    I was taking the Canadian Immigration Online Self assessment test.
    The first item about the score for education is confusing me.

I have 12 years of full time schooling followed by 4 years full time Bachelors degree.
    I also have a 2 year part time Masters degree(= 1 year full time).

Can anyone help me to confirm my score for my education? Is it 21 or 22 or 25?
    Please help.

Your 12 years of education, plus your 4 year Bachelors degree equals 16 years total. Plus add on your your 2 year part-time masters, which as you said, is the equivalent to 1 years full-time studies and your total is 17 years of full time study.
    So when your completing the online assesment for your education, although your looking for your highest eduction credential on their list, if you have a Masters Degree but only, for example, 14 years of full time study, then you cannot reward yourself with full marks. (according to their points table)
    You must award yourself with whatever the total number of years you have spent studying in full time education. Nomatter if you have a diploma or a Degree.

In your case, with your 17 years total and your highest educational credential being a Masters Degree, you can reward yourself full marks. The last box on the table. So the full 25 points.

Comment

Thanks you Mr Curt for your help

Dear Mr Curt,
      Thank you for the reply. I am proceeding with the application for Canda PR. May be I will get a chance to meet you when I land in Canada after becoming PR.

Thanks

Originally posted by Curt
      Your 12 years of education, plus your 4 year Bachelors degree equals 16 years total. Plus add on your your 2 year part-time masters, which as you said, is the equivalent to 1 years full-time studies and your total is 17 years of full time study.
      So when your completing the online assesment for your education, although your looking for your highest eduction credential on their list, if you have a Masters Degree but only, for example, 14 years of full time study, then you cannot reward yourself with full marks. (according to their points table)
      You must award yourself with whatever the total number of years you have spent studying in full time education. Nomatter if you have a diploma or a Degree.

In your case, with your 17 years total and your highest educational credential being a Masters Degree, you can reward yourself full marks. The last box on the table. So the full 25 points.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X