Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student in Canada applying for Canadian PR

Hi,

I am doing my MBA in canada and would like to apply for a canadian PR. But I am not sure whether I should go by with the simplified process or the regular preocess for the federal skilled worker class. Prior to coming to Canada for studies I was working in the US for 2 years. Does that qualify me for the regular process so that I can submit my application in Buffalo? I believe you cannot submit the simplified application in Buffalo. Please let me know.

-N

Good luck!

Barricuda I need to ask you a question at this time. Some time ago, about two years, I was made aware that employers are trying to keep foreign students from leaving Canada after their fields of study have completed. Special attention was being given to try to keep foreign students in Canada as prospective residents and thus, eventual citizens. If this still exists then it have you investigated this path as yet. In any event you are already in canada and as such, you are in a great position to approach prospective employers, lay out your situation to them and most possibly they will sponsor you with your high level of education. This will thus alleviate your need to apply for residency under the skilled worker category, which may take a s much as 6 years depending on your country of citizenship. Anyway let me know as I am very curious. By the way many people in professions that require much less education than yourself, are being sponsored and even get temporary work authorizations toward PR so there are many ways for you to consider. Best wishes to you and a great journey to Canada!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X