Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can somebody help me with Section 40

Hi All,

I and my husband have applied for immigration in Nov05 through consultants in Toronto. I have a valid h1b us visa till Aug 07. We were waiting to go to next step.
    When my consultant mailed immi dept for a review since it was 24 months, they mailed her back saying that “The assessment of the file is on hold pending the expiry of the two year period of inadmissibility under section 40 of the IRPA as determined by the CHC in Delhi in November 2005.”
    The reason is that I was in India from Dec03 to Sep04. During that time we met one of consultant who had sent few of our friends to Canada on work permit. Though I am usually scared of **** consultants, I had seen my friends leaving to Canada on work permit through this person. Just out of desperation and to have my husband with me I went ahead and applied for work permit through this person in April 2004. During that time CHC said they shall enquiry and get back to us. I was confident to get Work permit with my previous experience. I remember I gave information only which is true from my side.
    But I never received any reply from them so I had to proceed to US in Sep04. And I believe I have lost the job opportunity too.
    Even after that I never received any communication. Neither could I get in touch with that consultant who applied for my visa.
    This happened in April 04. I am shocked to hear that CHC has put section 40 because there was no communication from them and moreover I was not in India.
    Can some one let me know what does this mean and will my case proceed from first from nov 07? Or immi dept will come to conclusion after nov07?

Thankyou all in advance...
    Anita.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X