Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist visa to Canada while visiting US

Hi all,

My in-laws are in USA from past 4 months on visior visa to USA. We are planning to go to canada side of Niagara falls for two days. We understand we need a canada temporary tourist visa to enter Canada.

My question is:
    1, Is it okay for my in-laws to apply/visit Canada from USA when they are on tour in USA?
    2. Would there be any problem with re-entry to USA after staying in Canada for 2 days.
    3. How long would it take to obtain visa if I post the documents to LA consulate?

My in-laws have multiple entry visa to USA.

Anyone information regarding this is appreciated.

Thanks.....

1, Is it okay for my in-laws to apply/visit Canada from USA when they are on tour in USA?
    ---> They can apply. Whether they get it or not all depends on their luck.

2. Would there be any problem with re-entry to USA after staying in Canada for 2 days.

---> Generally, if it is not being used as a means to get a new I-94 extension for the visitor visa, it is not a problem. Visitors to Canada do not get a new I-94 if returning with-in 30 days.

3. How long would it take to obtain visa if I post the documents to LA consulate?

---> Depends. Check their website. I know DC one takes a long time (3-4 weeks) while Detroit processes it in 1-2 weeks. It all depends on their load. One of my friend went in person to LA and got the visa the same day.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the information. I appreciate your quick response.

I would be applying to the LA consulate as I stay in SFO, I looked at their website but was not able to find the information about the number of weeks needed.

Also do you know if I can apply for both of them in one application?

Comment

The guide to visitor visa application has this question clearly answered.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks.

I even got info about the time on thier website. It takes 10 working days by mail.

Comment

visitor visa canada

Did you get your visitor visa done. How long did it take by mail. Can you list the documents you sent. thanks for ur help..

Comment

I had started a similar thread couple of days back. You can find the link below.

I checked with my sis who's in detroit and she told me that if i am unable to get the canadian visa processed from india, i could apply for the same in US, and all i need is one full day at the embassy. O'coz things could be different in different state.....

Comment

Tourist visa to Canada while visiting US

Hi All,

I have a question regarding visiting Canada while visiting US. My parents are visiting US from India and both my spouse and I have GC. I understand that my parents need visa to visit Canada... but can I present my financial documents as they are travelling with me? or do we need their property docs from India?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by cheers_glory View Post
                  Hi all,

My in-laws are in USA from past 4 months on visior visa to USA. We are planning to go to canada side of Niagara falls for two days. We understand we need a canada temporary tourist visa to enter Canada.

My question is:
                  1, Is it okay for my in-laws to apply/visit Canada from USA when they are on tour in USA? -- Yes
                  2. Would there be any problem with re-entry to USA after staying in Canada for 2 days. -- No problem
                  3. How long would it take to obtain visa if I post the documents to LA consulate? -- About 2 weeks

My in-laws have multiple entry visa to USA.

Anyone information regarding this is appreciated.

Thanks.....
                  See above.
                  This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Tourist visa to Canada while visiting US

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
                    See above.
                    hi All

request your help on this topic. i have on 10 days in hand before i fly to US and i wont be able to get the Canada VVisa processed by then.
                    please advise if i can apply for the Canada visit visa while im in the USA (Indian Passport). i have read the thread and understand that it is possible but the posts are quite outdated. i'll stay in Canada for 10-15 days.

please help urgently

THANKS!

Comment

Hi Darshan,

any did you finally apply for Canadian visa?

Originally posted by Darshan Mudras View Post
                      hi All

request your help on this topic. i have on 10 days in hand before i fly to US and i wont be able to get the Canada VVisa processed by then.
                      please advise if i can apply for the Canada visit visa while im in the USA (Indian Passport). i have read the thread and understand that it is possible but the posts are quite outdated. i'll stay in Canada for 10-15 days.

please help urgently

THANKS!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X