I need to travel outside of US for my H1-B stamping - this will be the first time I'm getting it stamped. My manager is asking me to get it done from Canada. I am right now in the process of applying for Canadian visa and was wondering what should the purpose of travel be - Tourism, Business or Other? Also, considering it's the first stamping, is it advisable to get it done from the home country India?

Another issue is that although I'm currently working on my STEM OPT (valid until October), my student F-1 visa has expired on June 24, 2019. From what I know, I won't be allowed to re-enter into US with this expired visa, would this be an issue in obtaining Canada Visa?