Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada PR holder working in Toronto: Spouse pregnant in India, no work ex in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada PR holder working in Toronto: Spouse pregnant in India, no work ex in Canada

Hi All,

I am super confused here because there is no clear cut answer to this situation written on Canada website portal.

I have recently moved to Canada (I have a PR Card) and i had to leave my wife home in India because she is expecting (pregnant). I want to travel back in her last trimester so i can support her.
    1. I am working currently in Toronto, i will take due permissions to take paid/unpaid leave until the child is born.
    2. Can i use any benefits from Canada, while living in India and supporting my family?
    3. Am i eligible to take the paternal leave, even if my wife has not travelled with me this time, but she still has a PR card?
    4. What are my all options - as this is a unique situation.

Please give me if there are any links out there. I have already seen the below link - it doesn't answer any of my questions:
    Need to leave work because you’re pregnant or have recently given birth or to care for your newborn or newly adopted child? Apply for EI maternity and parental benefits.

The problem is generic and not only for India per say. So please let me know

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X