Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuation of Kid with Indian Citizenship for studying in India

Hi all,

A couple of years ago we got Canadian citizenship and me and my wife have updated our citizenship but our Son still is on PR (by birth he is an Indian citizen - born in India when we were still Indian citizens) and currently studying in India (for a couple of years now) and living with our family back in India. He wants to pursue MBBS and for that its better for him to continue as an Indian citizen and maybe keep or renew his PR for Canada. AFAIK, the statuses of him and us are ok as is. He is an Indian citizen (will be 18 in a few months) and we are not; and that seems to be ok from what I read. Am I wrong?

So the question is: Is there anything he/we need to do to keep his Indian citizenship? or nothing?

Now, when applying for medical seats in India he might need some documents - are not sure. If he is considered an Indian citizen for that or an NRI or a Foreign national. Since the competitive exams like NEET and medical colleges have very significantly different fee structures based on that classification.

thanks for your time.
    -kc

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X