Entering the US with Convictions Over 25 Years Ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entering the US with Convictions Over 25 Years Ago

Just a general question that's probably been asked numerous times on here but a search hasn't really helped me with.

First some information:

Basically I have two people that want to travel to the US sometime in the next 18/24 months. Both have convictions that happened over 25 years ago with 1 being worse than the other having served some prison time.

Person 1 has a minor conviction that resulted in a small fine back in the late 60's.

Person 2 has a total of 4 convictions. He had 1 of two years at one trial and 3 2-year sentences at a second trial but ran concurrently. On both occasions he was released early for good behaviour and served a total of 20 months over both terms in prison. The latter was approximately 27 years ago and the former was approximately 32 years ago.

I'm unsure what the crimes committed were, they'd prefer not to tell me as it's something they try to ignore and forget, but they assure me that none were drug or violence related.

A bit more background information. Person 1 is currently in his early 60's and person 2 is in his mid-50's. Person 2 is also, now, severely disabled with rheumatoid arthritis and can barely walk; he has had a knee and hip replacement with the other knee to be replaced before any potential trip; and his hands are badly deformed.

Now the question is what are the chances of them being granted a Visa?

Obviously things could be difficult but a lot of information I've been able to find is either outdated or not helpful to what I'm looking for. Would the fact the time elapsed is over 25 years matter? Would the fact Person 2 was released early both times for good behaviour help? Would Person 2's current physical condition, and Person 1 basically being his personal helper, increase the chances of a Visa being granted?

Apologies for a, very, long winded post. Any help on what to do, what to expect at any interview and any thoughts one what the potential outcome could be would be fantastic.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X