please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help

Actually ray, the immigration officer said that he doesnt qualify for a u- visa. So an immigration lawyer said to do an nta immigration court. And the imm officer not to do it because they might deport him

Comment

Now I see that this is a thread we have been on for several days. Since you have now provided more information than at the beginning of this thread, it seems clearer. I would have to agree with the suggestion from the immigration officer that an Immigration Court hearing could result in a removal or deportation order.

I can't offer any advice as a "silver bullet" that would help your husband obtain legal status. Your earlier messages asking if his criminal offense would be a problem with citizenship doen't seem logical, since Permanent Resident status is your husband's problem, not U.S. citizenship.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Cinthia View Post
      Actually ray, the immigration officer said that he doesnt qualify for a u- visa. So an immigration lawyer said to do an nta immigration court. And the imm officer not to do it because they might deport him

Comment

please help

Do you think hes going to get deported? Or is there any way for him to get a permanent residency ?

Comment

please help

Like if there any way? For example a waiver, a pardon, an expungement, ? Like i said the i-30 was approved but because of his criminal record i dont know what to do

Comment

If it was my wife, and her circumstances were exactly as you describe abut your husband, I would not risk having her go to Immigration Court, if a Removal or Deportation Order was likely.

-Ray B

Do you think hes going to get deported? Or is there any way for him to get a permanent residency ?

Comment

please help

Ok ray, do you think he will ever be able to get a permanent residency?

Comment

"Ever" can be a long time. Immigration regulations and programs are constantly changing. In my opinion, there is nothing you can do at the present time to guarantee Permanent Resident status for your husband. And if he goes to an Immigration Court hearing, anything can happen. Also, if your husband receives a letter setting an Immigration Court hearing, he must attend, or all future attempts to fix his status will be blocked.

--Ray B

Ok ray, do you think he will ever be able to get a permanent residency?

Comment

please help

Thank you ray for taking the time to read my messages!!! Have a great day!

Comment

please help

Hi ray, i just got a letter from my lawyer for DAPA. What is that?

Comment

please help

What is the pardon 601A? Do you think it will help him?

Comment

221g green slip

I have received a 221g on F1 interview on 19dec 2014 at mumbai , and told submit my resume,itenanrary,current job title, and invitation in a word format to a mail id, i hav prepared those i hav sent the mail, but the mail is not delivering ,and it is saying due to recipient mailbox is full ... Can anyone help ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X