Arrested and on bail - traveling to US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrested and on bail - traveling to US

Hi - I was recently arrested in India for a criminal offence based on a complaint (false) by a maid and then released on bail (by paying some surety amount) by the court. The police is still investigating the matter as that lady has gone to a different state and not easily available to contact... Also Police has been submitted nothing to the court and trials are yet to be started. So I have 2 questions:-
    1) I already have a B1/B2 US visa (and have traveled to US multiple times before) so is it ok for me to travel to US with existing visa without declaring anything - as I am not convicted and trial is yet to start
    2) If my visa expires by next year, and I apply for a new visa, what should be my answer to the question -- Have you been ever arrested or convicted?? -- I think the case will remain pending forever in the court.
    Please advise how to proceed and if someone has any recommendations.,

Shouldn't be a problem.

You can travel with your existing visa as many times as possible.

As far as renewals/new visa, unless you have been convicted (which rarely happens in India), there is no need to declare Yes to that question.

Comment

Thank you Shaan for your response... But the question asks even about arrest than just conviction so won't it become incorrect declaration - knowing the fact that everything is there on records and can be searched if need may be? I read somewhere that incorrect declaration can lead to problems in future.

Comment

Originally posted by me_shaan View Post
        You can travel with your existing visa as many times as possible.

As far as renewals/new visa, unless you have been convicted (which rarely happens in India), there is no need to declare Yes to that question.
        So as I was arrested and also finger prints were taken, although I have visa, could you tell if there would be any challenges at airport or immigration clearance?

Comment

travel to us on H4

Hi...can you let me know what was the final outcome....

i am having H1 B and will be travelling to US soon...I will be taking my wife as well....

Issue is: My wife friend had filed a false cheating case against my wife 2 years back and now my wife is on bail since last 2 years....

Can i take my wife with me to US?
          What need to be declared?
          Do i need to take permission from Indian court?

please suggest

Comment

Can you please reply back with the outcome of both these cases? I am in same boat

Can you please reply back with the outcome of both these cases? I am in same boat

Originally posted by najha View Post
            Hi...can you let me know what was the final outcome....

i am having H1 B and will be travelling to US soon...I will be taking my wife as well....

Issue is: My wife friend had filed a false cheating case against my wife 2 years back and now my wife is on bail since last 2 years....

Can i take my wife with me to US?
            What need to be declared?
            Do i need to take permission from Indian court?

please suggest

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X