Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B renewal in another country (not india) after DUI conv reduced to reckless driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B renewal in another country (not india) after DUI conv reduced to reckless driving

Dear Immihelp readers,

I am seeking suggestions & advice on my situtation:
    I have to renew my h1b after Sept 2015. The current H1B visa stamped on my passport is from my previous employer. This Visa & i-94 expires in Sept 2015. I have the new i-797 & h1b petition approved for the new employer valid until Sept 2017 but i need to get this stamped.

I was convicted for DUI in Feb 2015 and the charge was reduced to reckless driving. I feel ashamed of my act and learnt the lesson the hard way. My family does not know about this and I am scared to go through the embarassment of visa stamping in india due to the the way the process works. ( finger printing, followed by 221g, medical test to finally get the passport with visa). I am extremely remorseful and i am not proud of what i did but I cannot let my family know about it. So I wanted to know if I can get my renewal visa stamped in another country such as Jamaica, mexico etc.

You can be judgemental about me but i can assure you that I am not a bad person. I just made a wrong decision to drink & drive and i will be punished for this for life but i do need some direction here. Like everyone who have a dui / reckless driving convition, i only have everything to lose - good job, prospect of getting married, acceptance from my family and I am trying to do some damage control to get back on track. I will really appreciate it if you can share your experience on getting visa stamped under similar circumstance.

Thanks again
    bv1486

You need to get it stamped in a country you have a closer connection with. A vacation to Juarez won't cut it.

Mommy and daddy aren't coming along for your consular visit, are they? It is not like your friends and family would know about your drunk driving arrest and reckless driving conviction.

It could have been worse, think of all those tech workers who get busted soliciting prostitutes. They face deportation, denial of adjustment of status, or other tough consequences.

Next time you get a lil' too tipsy, take Uber home, mmkay?

Comment

Yeah even I feel that Taxi services like Uber have become a saviour for many people. Even my cousin took a cab back home last week whereas his friend took wheel and got charged for DUI. Now he is looking for a Los Angeles DUI lawyer to defend his charges. Totally irresponsible of him!
      Last edited by samlynn; 07-22-2015, 03:11 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X