X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incident without arrest/charges and h1b renewal

Hi all,

I need some help urgently.

Few months ago, some miscommunication between me and another person resulted in calling cops to the scene. Cops came in, took a copy of my ID and asked me to leave from that place. No arrests or summons so far and no finger prints taken and no citation given at the scene, thank god.

Am going for H1-B renewal next month to india. I'm suspicious there might be any incident report exist on my name.

1. would it cause any issues to my h1-b renenwal and port of entry?
    2. Can it cause any delays in terms of h1-b renewal?
    3. Fact that I wasn't arrested/cited nor charged with any crime, do the visa officers background check result this incident?

please suggest.

Originally posted by rekroku View Post
    Hi all,

I need some help urgently.

Few months ago, some miscommunication between me and another person resulted in calling cops to the scene. Cops came in, took a copy of my ID and asked me to leave from that place. No arrests or summons so far and no finger prints taken and no citation given at the scene, thank god.

Am going for H1-B renewal next month to india. I'm suspicious there might be any incident report exist on my name.

1. would it cause any issues to my h1-b renenwal and port of entry?
    2. Can it cause any delays in terms of h1-b renewal?
    3. Fact that I wasn't arrested/cited nor charged with any crime, do the visa officers background check result this incident?

please suggest.

Hi, any thoughts please!!

Comment

Txh1b - could you give your thoughts as a senior member please.

Comment

No, you won't have any problems. The police just file a report because they were called but nothing would show up on a basic check on you.
        This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Samlynn.

do every log entry could become an incident report ?
          Sorry if am asking again but If there is an incident report created, would it be seen to the visa officers?

Comment

No, it wouldn't be seen by visa officers. plus, they wouldn't be looking for that anyway.
            This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Again!!

Comment

Incident report

I confirmed there is an incident report exists as suspicious person/condition and this incident happened an year ago, and as I mentioned, there is no arrest/summons/ citation at the scene except a police report. Never called regarding this issue and never needed to finger print.

Am planning to go for H1 renewal.

1. Do I need to say yes for - have you ever been arrested in DS-160?
                2. I want to confirm one more time - if this report is visible to the visa officers at the consulate ?
                3. Will there be any issues at the port of entry?

Appreciate your help.

Thank you!

Comment

Any advise please?

Please give your thoughts!!

Originally posted by Rek Hbs View Post
                  I confirmed there is an incident report exists as suspicious person/condition and this incident happened an year ago, and as I mentioned, there is no arrest/summons/ citation at the scene except a police report. Never called regarding this issue and never needed to finger print.

Am planning to go for H1 renewal.

1. Do I need to say yes for - have you ever been arrested in DS-160?
                  2. I want to confirm one more time - if this report is visible to the visa officers at the consulate ?
                  3. Will there be any issues at the port of entry?

Appreciate your help.

Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X