Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B visa after a DUI in India... Plz help

Hi Friends,

I have been charged with a DUI in India (BAC 0.19) recently while riding my bike. My employer is filing an L1 Individual petition with USCIS. If it gets approved I will have to apply for a visa. The DUI case is just two months old. So I am wondering if it can cause a denial? I wasn't arrested but just have to appear in the court and pay a fine of about USD 20.

All my friends and family suggested not to disclose this in the visa form but I have decided to disclose and do the things in right way. Additionally, my name has been mis-spelled in the court records and on the traffic ticket as well. So if anyone has to do a background check they can't find anything on my name. Please could anyone suggest what can I do best in this situation and how is this going to impact my visa process. Any suggestions or guidance would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Originally posted by james16 View Post
    Hi Friends,

I have been charged with a DUI in India (BAC 0.19) recently while riding my bike. My employer is filing an L1 Individual petition with USCIS. If it gets approved I will have to apply for a visa. The DUI case is just two months old. So I am wondering if it can cause a denial? I wasn't arrested but just have to appear in the court and pay a fine of about USD 20.

All my friends and family suggested not to disclose this in the visa form but I have decided to disclose and do the things in right way. Additionally, my name has been mis-spelled in the court records and on the traffic ticket as well. So if anyone has to do a background check they can't find anything on my name. Please could anyone suggest what can I do best in this situation and how is this going to impact my visa process. Any suggestions or guidance would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Thoughts anyone?

Comment

In my experience, a single DUI which is not interpreted as a felony conviction, is not likely to be considered an impediment for immigration purposes.

--Ray B

Originally posted by james16 View Post
      Thoughts anyone?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X