Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding Citizenship Application

Hello All,
    Do we have to mention the details of traffic tickets on the application (which didn't involve DUI or arrest)?

If yes, what should I do if I don't remember the details of these traffic tickets? I remember getting a couple of tickets long time back but don't know the dates or fine.

Thanks....

No

Good luck.

Comment

No???

"No" meaning

One does need to provide details
      or
      One does not need to list them on the N400 form.

Help is much appreciated...

Comment

Don't need to list these offenses ...

Comment

don't worry

Ask me..Never do that...Never mentioned it on N400 form.

I have 2 tickets, 1 accident, 1 DUI..Didn't mentioned at all in N400
          Got Citizenship recently..They care less..also the INS computer system
          is not connected to DMV system...

If you mention it...then it will take more time for your application to process.

ALL THE BEST

mumbaiboy...

Comment

It does not matter, either way is fine.

But if you mention, try to get payment receipt or some detail with you at the time of interview.

Comment

Originally posted by mumbaiboy
              Ask me..Never do that...Never mentioned it on N400 form.

I have 2 tickets, 1 accident, 1 DUI..Didn't mentioned at all in N400
              Got Citizenship recently..They care less..also the INS computer system
              is not connected to DMV system...

If you mention it...then it will take more time for your application to process.

ALL THE BEST

mumbaiboy...
              Are you proud? I see how you show the "Good Moral Character" required for Naturalization.
              Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

MV Summons / Charges ...

... only minor offenses need not be mentioned, however DUI has to be noted.

I assume all are aware that United States law allows the government to withdraw the citizenship anytime, repeat anytime if the application was fraudulent or information was deliberately withheld.

Can't understand though why would you risk DUI anyway, its one of the most dangerous things you can do.

Try switching to para-sailing or jumping from a plane (with a parachute), its the real thrill in life, not DUI.

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X