Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit to Canada for H1 Stamping

Hi,

I had an accident and was arrested in 2006 for DUI, Speeding Tickets.
    Since DUI was very low BAC, under the state level required to arrest, the ticket was ammended to Reckless driving and I was required to pay a fine. I need to apply for visit visa to Canada.. I just saw in the application, I have to provide 'related details' if i say 'yes' to the arrest in any country.
    1. Do I have to say I was arrested? Does Cananda Embassy check with FBI or local police in the 2 hrs they take to issue me the visa?
    2. I have a certified docket sheet (no disposition, as there was no charge) where I admitted guilty to reckless driving and paid the fine and other charges were dropped. If I say arrested, is that certified docket sheet good enough for support document? Do I need to take a letter from attorney that I am not inadmissible in the country?
    any thing else I need to know about?

nobody??

Comment

If they check or not is known to them. You have to disclose any arrests if asked in the application truthfully.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Got Canada Visa Rejected

I dont think they check anything with FBI records. It was taking 20 mins to get visa issued... dont know if they'll check databases in 20 mins.. but coz I was "truthful and honest" and mentioned my arrest for reckless driving. They "REJECTED" saying.. reckless driving is a convictable crime that involves jail term in Canada for 5 years, which makes me inadmissable into Canada for 5 years and later on too I can go only under special circumstances and may never be approved.

I can never go to Canada now

I should have just said "NO" to arrests and she'd have stamped my canada visa like she was doing for other desis out there.

Goodluck to all others.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruben
          I should have just said "NO" to arrests and she'd have stamped my canada visa like she was doing for other desis out there.
          No, lying on immigration application will cause more problems in the future. You are better off going with the truth.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

OK the truth.

Suggest me where to get stamping now. Bombay? Delhi or Chennai? Mexico? or Bahamas?

Where have you heard about the maximum rate of succesful visa after DUI Arrest ammended to Reckless Driving?

Since I have neither US nor Canada Valid visa, I need to get transit visa to fly thru UK. What are the steps in getting me a transit visa to fly thru London?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X