Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misdeameanor and opt expiry

hi, please help me. my son is in OPT and it expires after DEC
    2008.he was arrested for unlawful entry and quoted as misdeameano, we posted a bond for him. we were told hearing may come up in 6 months or in a year. now with his opt expiring, what is the options before us? willhe be allowed to leave US before his OPT expiry?pl help me . as the dates are nearing.thank you

Unlawful entry where? In a store or into the country? Need more details.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

unlawful entry into a company building. I am sorry i was not more specific.

Comment

If he leaves the country, bail will be forfeited and an arrest warrant will be issued if he does not show up in court. Hire a lawyer and try for reduced charges like loitering or trespassing which might not have immigration consequences. You need to talk to an immigration lawyer and then a criminal lawyer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

misdeameanor and opt expiry

thank you so much for the valuable and immediate guidance,and i will try to find lawyers as you said.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X