Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to get deported, will it be possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to get deported, will it be possible?

Hi,
    I may be convicted for second degree assault. If so, I may get probation for atleast 2yrs. I am on F1 visa. Instead of facing the tough 2yrs of probation, I want to get deported at the beginning of probation itself. I will have a good life in my home country. Will they deport me at the beginning of probation or will they deport me after probation.
    Also I heard that deportation is possible only after the completion of the sentence period either in the form of jail or probation. Is it true.Or is it different for probation.
    Any one please help me.

Why wait for deportation? Why can't you make the choice?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks so much for your reply.
      I am worried because, if I try to flee I may be caught at the airport.
      I am already charged with one felony and one misdemeanor. My attorney told that in plea bargain it would come to Nolle prosequi for the felony and conviction for second degree assault for which there will be probation for 1 or 2 yrs. So instead of going through the tough probation period, I want to leave this county forever even before starting of probation. Is it possible.

Comment

If convicted, you will have to serve the period for the crime. Then they will start deportation proceedings if it is a deportable offense. If you do not serve the probation as ordered by court, an arrest warrant will be issued in your name.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Sorry, I was not clear.
          What my question was If I was sentenced to a probation period of 1 or 2 yrs, will I be deported at the starting of probation or after the completion of probation.
          ps: I am on F1 visa and my visa expires in less than one more year.

Comment

Deportation will start only after you serve the sentence if it is a jailable offense. I am not sure if probation warrants for deportation(depends on the crime). Even if it does, you will be deported after the sentence is served.

Talk to an immigration lawyer along with your criminal lawyer as the immigration lawyer can evaluate and guide the criminal lawyer on what plea bargain can help you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X