Conviction/ Arrest more than 3 years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conviction/ Arrest more than 3 years ago

I was arrested 3 years ago for DWI. The charge was dropped to Reckless driving. I also got the motion of non-disclosure. Non-disclosure means that I do not have to disclose the arrest to any private agencies.

My question is whether one gets a 221g if the offense was 3 years ago? I do not have any other offense or even a ticket.

Thanks!

You have to disclose the arrest on all visa forms and immigration forms at all times even if you get it expunged.

The VO will order a background check if your name gets a hit in their database irrespective of how long ago the arrest was. Carry the court records and disposition.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Details on documents after 221(g)

Originally posted by txh1b
      You have to disclose the arrest on all visa forms and immigration forms at all times even if you get it expunged.

The VO will order a background check if your name gets a hit in their database irrespective of how long ago the arrest was. Carry the court records and disposition.
      Thanks for your response. I have the court record and disposition.

If they do a background check with FBI or any other agencies in United States, is it possible to take those documents from here beforehand?

Does anyone know of what kind of documents one can get within United States before leaving. I am not talking about the Arrest records, Court Records etc. I am talking about the documents which they request from United States in case one gets a 221(g) for DWI Arrest related cases.

Comment

You can get a fingerprint card from FBI website and request a background check for your own personal record. However, consulate will order their own.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X