DUI on J1 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUI on J1 visa

I got a DUI in December 2018 (no accident, no kids in the car), and I am on a J1 visa (au pair program). My host family decided to keep me, and I have support from my au pair agency. I am still in the US, working as an au pair.

My first court meeting was supposed to be on March 14th, but due to a storm in Colorado, the court was closed. Today I received an information from my attorney, that the next court meeting will be in May. I am really nervous about the fact that my first au pair year ends in August (August 27th 2019), and that I won't be able to solve this DUI problem.

My question is, can my visa be revoked after I plea guilty? I mean, I am obviously guilty, and I really want to be able to face the punishment, but if my visa gets revoked, and I will have to leave the country, then I won't be able to solve this problem.

Hi Zaneta,

I am 100% sure that your visa is already revoked. Believe me or you can call your home country Embassy or visa center to check your visa status.But legally you can stay in US till your petition is valid.
    But never ever think of leaving US till the case is closed or the final decision is made. I had DUI in March 2018 and case was dismissed in Sep 2018 and i came to my home country for new visa stamping in Nov 2018 and since then i am stuck in my home country with visa status showing admin processing, so think if i would have travelled without closing the case and what will be the consequences. So try your level best to stay in USA till the case is complete.

let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Omar123 View Post
      Hi Zaneta,

I am 100% sure that your visa is already revoked. Believe me or you can call your home country Embassy or visa center to check your visa status.But legally you can stay in US till your petition is valid.
      But never ever think of leaving US till the case is closed or the final decision is made. I had DUI in March 2018 and case was dismissed in Sep 2018 and i came to my home country for new visa stamping in Nov 2018 and since then i am stuck in my home country with visa status showing admin processing, so think if i would have travelled without closing the case and what will be the consequences. So try your level best to stay in USA till the case is complete.

let me know if you have any other questions.
      Hi omar, did the visa renewal ultimately happen?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X