Arrest from 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrest from 2007

In ealry 2007 my third year in the country as a student from India. I was arrested while talking to a undercover officer in a sting operation for prostitution in Texas. Got out on bail next morning. Later hired a lawyer who I think made a deal with the DA to reduce my offense to Class C misdemeanor for which I pleaded guilty. Per the order I completed the probation and paid fines. Further after probationary period the order for expunction was granted.

After this event I have had 5 H1-B visas granted and three visa stampings done outside USA. Till my last stamping in 2016 the visa officers did not ask for any information on the arrest even though I said yes on the form. Last time I was called for visa interview after after drop box, the officer asked me for all the documents and related to arrest which I handed him he scanned them gave it back to me. Later they put me on administrative processing for 221-G after 35 days my visa was approved and I made it back as usual. Right now I am up for extension and my employers (big organization) immigration lawyers questionnaire is asking me about "If I was arrested" Though I-129 does not have this question in the form, Do I really have to share it with the immigration lawyer about the arrest as they will be filing for my extension. I am worried this will be shared with my employer and my direct bosses.

What would be the consequences of me not sharing the information with my employers immigration lawyer.

Please share thoughts, do I need to hire a criminal,immigration lawyer

Also will this be a issue for my PR and citizenship.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X