shoplifting as a minor, pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoplifting as a minor, pls help

I am applying for change of status I-485 and the application asks if I was "ever arrested, cited, charged, indicted, fined or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law..." When I was 12 years old (more than 10 yrs ago) I was arrested for shoplifting and was fingerprinted and photographed, my case went to juvenile probation dept and was passed for deferred prosecution. I was told to complete a program for shoplifting and to see a juvenile probation officer for 6 months and was told my case would be closed after that. I read that there's a law in TX that says juvenile records are placed in "restricted access" as soon as the juvenile turns 21 and has not committed any other crimes (which I didn't). According to Texas Juvenile Justice System, I may legally say no when asked if I "have ever been arrested, convicted or adjudicated of a crime" I went ahead and requested my criminal history data and it said that no record exists. So I'm confused, should I say yes or no in my I-485 application? Please advice, I don't want to make a mistake in my application.
    P.S. This is the brochure where I got the information:

disclosure

You should say yes and include attachment with specific details of the case, including facts and circumstances of the offense, disposition and any record available of the case/probation,etc., or a letter from the Court system stating that no records exist or are unavailable.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X