Shoplifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifting

Hi, I was caught for shoplifting in GA in November 2015. Store security called the cops was convicted for shoplifting (only one mistake in my entire life) which was a misdemeanor charge. I was fined and paid that fine in a court. And I went to the court where the charges were dismissed after taking the diversion program. I completed the diversion program and after that, I got a letter from the GA state court stating that the charges are dismissed. I completed my 5 yrs. on green card and want to seek your advice if I should apply for my US citizenship or not. If yes, then what are the chances of a denial and what do I answer on questions in form N 400 questions?
    Looking forward to seeking your advice/ suggestions.
    1. Have you EVER committed, assisted in committing, or attempted to commit, a crime or offense for which you were NOT arrested?
    2. Have you EVER been arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer (including any immigration official or any official of the U.S. armed forces) for any reason
    3. Have you EVER been charged with committing, attempting to commit, or assisting in committing a crime or offense?
    4. Have you EVER been placed in an alternative sentencing or a rehabilitative program (for example, diversion, deferred prosecution, withheld adjudication, deferred adjudication)?
    5. Have you EVER received a suspended sentence, been placed on probation, or been paroled?
    6. Have you EVER been convicted of a crime or offense?
    Thanks in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X