Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expunged Conviction in New York Applying for Citizenship in Md

Hi ,
    I was convicted of petty larceny in NY. I was convicted of disorderly conduct PENEL CODE 240.20 on 05/25/2006 in NEW YORK . The actual arraignment charges applied were 155.25.165.40.

I performed 6 days of community service. Paid some $75. After a 1 year (5-26-2007) the charges were expunged. I have disposition letter from the NY court.

When I applied for my green card in July 2006 , in the I-485 / green card file I revealed that I was charged, convicted and arrested and my charges were expunged. I got my green card in August 2007 on the bases of VAWA (Violence against women act).

Now, I have been living in Maryland for the last 3 years.(Since September 2007)

I have applied for neutralization.

I am scared that I shall not be deported or citizenship should not be denied because of my conviction which is disposed almost 4 years old.
    I have no charges against me after that incident.

I am filing my tax returns every year.

Do you think I can still be denied the citizenship? Or I can be deported ?

I would appreciate your response.

Regards

hello

even though charges r expunged it will show on national check cause u were convicted before so doesnt matter for that.looks like they gonna call u for an interview and u will be pass too. but when u taking your oath and when u raise your hand at that time they will arrest u.and put u under deportation.unless if u wanna keep your green card

Comment

same

Could u please let me know if u got naturalized, as i have similar case and plan to get naturalized.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X