H1-B Extension - Criminal charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Extension - Criminal charges

I was arrested for soliciting prostitution and plead guilty. I was not send to jail paid fine and recieved probation for 2yrs and it is almost getting over. I dont have any other offenses in my name. I declared i was arrested in L1 extension and while stamping in chennai they requested for additional court documents which was provided and i got the extension approved. Now i am in US, have recieved my H1-B and i am again going to India for restamping. Will this have any issues compared to L1 and is there any additional documents i need to furnish at the time of interview. Is it possible to go to Canada for restamping. Please let me know if this can delay my extension

You can go for stamping again but have to carry the same court certified documents to present to the VO.

Better go to home country if they already have approved the visa in the past after you gave them the info regarding the arrest.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your immediate reply. I did provide the documents last time and they approved it. But there was a delay. I have 2 questions
      How can i remove this delay?
      Is there any other documents that can show my background is fine since i have completed my prbation period.

Comment

You just have to live with the delay. There is no way you can speed it up. You can take a FBI rapsheet with you for the visa interview.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a lot. You are jus awesome as ever.

Comment

One last questions. Is it possible for me to get this from Canada. Since i have L1 til Feb 2010 do you feel i can try for Canada? What are your thoughts please

Comment

Sure can try. If they say Admin processing, you can come back. But Are you still on L1 or H1? If you are on H1, the fact that you have a L1 visa is useless as far as coming back to US goes in case of an administrative process delay.

Comment

I have an L1 till Feb 2011 and H1 will be applicable only from Oct 1 2010. So i just have one month for that. Do you think i should stil try. or may be i am wrong.. if i go in October and in case of this delay can i come back using my L1
                Last edited by matsam; 08-17-2010, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Re:

Once a person is formally charged with a crime after being arrested, a criminal lawyer is called to represent the accused. They must ensure their clients are being honestly and fairly represented in the courtroom.

Comment

was chennai Consulate were you previously stamped?
                    when u mentioned in u'r DS-160 your arrest,did your company not review it and raise concerns.

Moreever is Cannada not a risk.
                    My email id is [email protected],can v chat more on this plz

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X